Thursday, July 28, 2011

finally... a post about my new job!






I started working for the Morro Bay Oyster Company at the beginning of June and have been enjoying it sooo much!! My day to day is sitting on a dock in the Morro Bay with a view of the rock and surrounded by ships and fishing boats.... I can't complain. I sell oysters to public by the dozen and in bags of 50 (for parties). I also shuck oysters for people to eat raw right there on the dock.

 I've made many marine friends, like a baby seagull I named Fatso, a little seal that comes by about every hour, her name is Lu-seal and a really cool Heron that gets pretty skiddish when I approach it still but I am going to keep working on him until he likes me. 




Here is my set-up, where I shuck & people dress their raw oysters. 

Here is a wide shot of the dock.

The view from where I sit, not too shabby?

fresh oysters straight from their little beds.

This is Jason & Neal... Neal is my boss & Jason works out on the beds, harvesting and caring for the oysters.

fresh oysters


Here is my boss Neal hosing off the day's harvest.


So that is what I have been up to. Just working on the dock and having a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment